Saturday, June 16, 2007

Rising early ... again

Although I'm really not an eary bird or morning person, I can only confirm the article I read a few weeks back on the great reasons to get up early. After a couple of early wake up calls - yoga self practice sessions, a 5 am train to paris - I've felt , or rather been reminded, that getting up so early is a blessing and a fantastic way to start the day. Body felt refreshed, mind clear, free of built up stresses (these came later in the day) and an empty stomach brought a feeling of lightness. Bliss. Summer and early mornings are such a good combination: the light breaks at 5am, the air feels fresh and if it wasn't for the many late nights, I would be up at the crack of dawn every day. It's definitely the best time of the day, so clear, quiet and pure - maybe I'll try to switch my routine this summer.

No comments: