Saturday, March 10, 2007

Feeling low...


It's a sunny day, spring blossoms and bulbs are out, trees are being planted as I write this, and yet I'm feeling low. Chocolate overdose or general lack of motivation, creativity? Perhaps the daunting prospect of chun's latest thesis chapter which I keep putting back?
I think I'll blame it on the building site outside my flat - waking me every morning at 8am,with a loud drilling and background builder's banter. Not that I have anything at all against builders but loud shouts and indelicate talk isn't the most attractive way to wake up every morning - and this has been an issue for the last 8 months. Yet I can't blame them for feeling down today, but what I definitely maintain, is my utter annoyance at having a crane staring at me every day, knowing I cannot walk around freely in my flat, without worrying if some dirty old builder may be watching. I am not biased or mean, that's the truth. My truth. How much longer will it last?

No comments: