Thursday, October 04, 2007

yoga'd up

A friend of mine has just set off for a yoga teacher training intensive this week - a big step and a hugely exciting one, but it has also led me to reflect on my own decision. I'll be following her steps in a few months' time and I'm quite apprehensive to see how she gets on. My own experience will be somewhat different (my course is in Goa, India, over 2 months, the schedule's slightly less harsh with 7 am starts rather than 5.30 am, a smaller teaching group with foreign teachers) and my circumstances aren't quite the same. I'll be apart from long term boyfriend - leaving Europe for Taiwan to do his army for 2 years, which will set my back both emotionally and physically - and I hate to admit it, also financially (no more sharing bills, cosy flat, food, and being treated out for dinner is something I'll have to do without for a while). To top that up, I'm planning on a few months' break from work, London and possible all the other things I have been used to so far. Scary.
I'm both excited and extremely daunted by the prospect of trading my comfortable routine for a new, unknown environment. Change can only be good but god knows what will happen to me in a few months' time....

This is what I'll be doing next year: http://shaktispirit.com/training.htm

1 comment:

innac said...

Ha, thanks! This is actually quite an old post now, and I've since then gone back to Goa to work(Brahmani Yoga) and been teaching for the last year... ;-)
Thanks for the comments though!